Kallon Breaks Silence On U-17 Appointment

Former Sierra Leone international skipper, Mohamed Kallon has broken his silence over his appointment as head coach of the national U-17 team.

The former Inter-Milan and AS Monaco striker who was recently appointed by the Technical Committee of the Sierra Leone Football Association (SLFA) revealed the reasons behind his decision to take up the appointment.

According to Kallon, nothing else but the love and passion for Sierra Leone football was the motive behind his decision.

He said he is not concerned about the ongoing rift between the SLFA and the sports ministry, adding that the impasse must not affect the young players.

“It a decision I took out of love, passion and concern for the young boys. Last year we did not play the U-17 tournament so it is important for the young boys to play in this year’s tournament, they must not suffer for anything,” Kallon said.

The former Inter Milan and Monaco player’s first task is to qualify the team to the 2015 Africa Under-17 Championship in Niger, but have to get pass Tunisia in the first hurdle and wait the winner between Benin and Mali in the final hurdles.

Kallon has asked for free hand in team selection as well as appointing his back room staff which he said will be paid from his own pocket.

However, Kallon’s appointment came as a surprise to few stakeholders who are opposed to the current SLFA executive following last year’s election which saw the disqualification of Kallon and three other candidates for alleged violation of FA regulations.

Source : Concord Times

Related Post
The United States welcomes the July 9 commitment to peace and security between the State
The United States welcomes the July 9 commitment to peace and security between the State
Rome, Italy - Global fish production will continue to expand over the next decade even

Leave a Reply